Wednesday 6 November 2013

Micro-teach No.2

On Friday (31/10/2013) I had my second experience of delivering a micro-teach session to my peers. The difference with this second session was that we were not allowed to use a presentation  (PowerPoint) to aid us. I initially thought that this was going to be difficult due to the fact that I tend to favour this method, however, after thinking further into it I decided on doing a discussion and role-playing exercise. I also decided to include an exercise that focused around a video that I would show to the class but as it turned out this had to be changed on the day due to further technical issues within the University. On the day, because of the issues, I had to adapt my session so that I met the 30 minute mark but without my planned material. The way I decided to get around this was to engage the students into discussions as well as hear opinions and experiences on the topic form each person. As it turned out, I actually over compensated for thinking that my session wouldn't last the whole 30 minutes and didn't manage to fit the role-play activity in because I had run out of time.

I feel that this micro-teach experience has shown me just how quickly time can pass once you get the group involved in a topic of discussion. I have also, once again, experienced how frustratingly unreliable technology can be and that you should always have a back up plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment