Sunday 6 October 2013

10 minute talk

On Monday we each had to stand in front of the rest of the class and give a ten minute talk. We were able to choose any topic we liked as the purpose of the exercise was to help us build confidence and feel a little more comfortable for our micro-teach lessons that were taking place the following Thursday. Even with the free pass to talk about whatever we liked I still chose to keep the theme tourism related, however it was relatively informal as I mostly talked about holidays and trips. I used one visual aid which was an online picture of a map (shown above) and this helped me to point out to the class exactly where in the world I was talking about. I felt that the talk went fairly well even though I had to compensate for my planned content only taking up about half of the allotted ten minute slot. The feedback I received was mostly positive and I definitely think that the exercise on the whole helped to build my confidence further.

No comments:

Post a Comment